Foot and ankle injuries can be common, and include minor to more acute conditions. You may experience these problems through participating in sport or leisure activities, or suffer from a long-term condition. Foot and ankle pain can have a significant impact on your everyday life and mobility.
We provide you with a full range of services to diagnose and treat foot and ankle problems.
You may be experiencing pain or discomfort if you have suffered a foot or ankle injury. If so, you should have an initial consultation, where one of our team will assess your condition to determine what treatment you require.
You may find Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation – RICE – helps some foot and ankle injuries. Switching to low-impact sports and activities can also aid your recovery. We offer less-invasive and non-operative treatments such as pain management, physiotherapy, and sometimes corrective footwear. However, your foot or ankle injury may also require surgery.
Whichever route is best for you, we have a team of surgeons, sports physicians, podiatrists, and physiotherapists, offering a multi-disciplinary approach that will support you along the way to recovery.
There are 28 bones throughout the foot and ankle with a broad potential for injuries and related complications.
Signs to look out for include:
- Stiffness or swelling, pain around toe joints, difficulty walking.
- Toes bent or “clawed”, stiffness and swelling. Pain or numbness.
- Pain in the sole of the foot, around the heel.
- Pain, stiffness, or swelling, especially walking on uneven surfaces.
- Sudden pain. Sometimes a “popping” sound. Swelling or bruising.
- Sudden severe and intense pain. Sometimes a “cracking” sound. Swelling and bruising. Possible bone intrusion.
- Pain at the back of the heel. Swelling, tenderness and limited flexibility.
These are some of the indications in foot and ankle injuries. You can rest assured that:
- We have access to MRI and ultrasound scanning facilities.
- We can prescribe anti-inflammatory and injection treatments.
- We can provide a specialist rehabilitation programme.
- Our surgeon is a specialist in reconstructive surgery, sports-related injuries, and complicated traumas.
- Our expert team will work closely with you to tailor and monitor treatment.
Runners and golfers, and those who play football, rugby and netball are particularly prone to foot or ankle pain.
Injuries may include:
If your injury is sports-related, our team of sports physicians and physiotherapists has the experience and expertise to help get you back out playing again as soon as possible.
If surgery is required, our surgeon:
- Uses minimally invasive arthroscopic keyhole surgery.
- Works alongside our expert physiotherapists, podiatrists and sports physicians.
- Ensures you gain comprehensive care and treatment.
Our team is available to provide you with the highest standards in orthopedic care and to help you enjoy the best quality of life. To speak to us about your foot or ankle injury, please contact us via phone on 020 8629 1889, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on this page.