Knee injuries, pain and arthritis can have a significant effect on your everyday life, hindering anyone involved in physical work or participating in sports, and sometimes restricting mobility.
We provide you with a full range of services to diagnose and treat knee injuries and other knee conditions to restore your confidence and active life.
You may have suffered a knee injury, or have a longer-term or arthritic condition, and are experiencing pain or discomfort. If so, you should have an initial consultation, where one of our team will make an assessment and determine what treatment – if any – you require.
In many cases, you may only need rest or light exercise. If your condition is more complex, then physiotherapy or surgery may be required. Whichever route is best for you, we will support you along each step to recovery.
Signs to look out for include:
- Pain in one of your knees, which can be worse when you move around.
- Swelling, bruising or both.
- Your knee may click or lock.
- Difficulty or knee pain when bending your knee.
- Weakness or inability to bear your weight.
- Stiffness and a crunching feeling in the joint.
These are just some of the indications in different knee injuries and conditions. You can be rest assured that:
- We have access to MRI and ultrasound scanning facilities.
- Our expert team will work closely with you to tailor and monitor treatment.
- Our knee surgeons are specialists in reconstructive surgery, sports-related injuries, complicated traumas, joint preservation and surgical replacement.
Knee injuries can be suffered through participation in high impact sports such as skiing, football, rugby or running.
Injuries can include:
If your injury is sports-related, our team of sports physicians and physiotherapists have the experience and expertise to help get you back out playing again as soon as possible.
If surgery is required, our surgeon:
- Uses minimally invasive arthroscopic keyhole surgery.
- Works alongside our expert physiotherapists and sports physicians.
- Ensures you gain comprehensive care and treatment.
Our team is available to provide you with the highest standards in orthopaedic care and help you enjoy the best quality of life. To speak to us about your knee injury, please contact us via phone on 020 8629 1889, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on this page.